Amsterdam, 27 April 2010 - New World Resources N.V. (the "Company"), Central Europe's leading hard coal and coke producer, announces that the shareholders approved all nine resolutions proposed at its Annual General Meeting (the "AGM"), which took place on 27 April 2010, at 10:00 CET, in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
A breakdown of the votes cast is as follows:
NO. RESOLUTION VOTES FOR % VOTES AGAINST % VOTES ABSTAINED %
1. Adoption of the Annual Accounts 175,217,253 100 0 0 - -
2. Discharge of Directors for their management during the past financial year 175,202,253 99.99 15,000 0.01 - -
3. Re-appointment of Directors 174,984,534 99.87 232,719 0.13 - -
4. Adoption of the amendment to the Articles of Association 175,160,956 99.97 56,297 0.03 - -
5. Adoption of the Remuneration Policy 173,485,271 99.01 1,731,982 0.99 - -
6. Authorization to the Board of Directors to repurchase shares and/or beneficial rights to shares 175,217,253 100 0 0 - -
7. Delegation to the Board of Directors to issue (rights to acquire) shares 175,217,253 100 0 0 - -
8. Delegation to the Board of Directors to exclude or limit pre-emptive rights 175,217,253 100 0 0 - -
9. Re-appointment of the external auditor 175,217,253 100 0 0 - -
1 Re-appointment of Messrs Zdenek Bakala, Peter Kadas and Hans-Jürgen Mende
A copy of the resolutions passed at the AGM has been submitted to the Financial Services Authority and will shortly be available for inspection at the Document Viewing Facility, which is situated at:
The Financial Services Authority
25 The North Colonnade
London E14 5HS
Tel: +44 20 7066 1000
For a detailed overview of the resolutions, please refer to the Explanatory notes to the agenda of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, published on 31 March 2010, available on the Company's website.
The full minutes of the AGM will be made available on the Company's website in due course.
Notes for Editors:
New World Resources N.V.
NWR is the sole owner of OKD, a.s., the Czech Republic's largest hard coal mining company and one of the largest producers in Central Europe by revenue and volume. Serving customers in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria, Poland, Hungary and Germany, the Company produced 11Mt of coal and 843kt of coke in 2009.
For further information please contact:
Tel: +31 20 570 2220